removing languages from CSS validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:20:11 +0900
To: public-qa-dev list <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello,

In spite of my countless e-mails to the past translators, talking to
our regional offices, even blogging, the release of the CSS validator
is still held hostage by the missing translations in Chinese and Polish.

I think there *are* users in these languages, but obviously they're
either not reading the blogs/lists :). The only way we can get a
reaction, I believe, is simply to remove these localizations from the
next release, and add a note explaining why, requesting help.

I would like your thoughts on the following plan:

* Keep the localized documentation (static) files.
* comment out the removed languages in manual.html.*
* ditto, remove them from the command-line doc in org/w3c/css/css/
CssValidator.java
* The trickier part is org/w3c/css/util/Messages.java, because we
still need to know these languages are around, even if not complete
and thus not used.
My suggestion here is to add a Message.languages_name_unused to the
existing languages_name. That way, our system retains knowledge of
these unused languages (especially for translations.html...) but they
are not included in all loops on languages_name.
* add a note at the bottom of the main interface, saying "where are
the Chinese and Polish translations?", linking to the (to-be-updated)
blog post.

Thoughts?