Re: link test suite

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:56:15 +0900
To: public-qa-dev list <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hi Ville,

On Feb 9, 2008, at 21:39 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> I have always thought base/@href as something that does not need to be
> dereferenceable.

That's a good point, and thanks for the example - it is convincing.
I basically took all the %URI attributes in the HTML 4.01 DTD and
tested for them, but indeed, maybe base href="" should not be checked
directly.

That said I wonder if we could somewhat have a UI stating which Base
URI we are using for each document, depending on whether the checker
found Content-Location headers, or <base> element ?