Re: latest LWP running under perl -T dies for some values of agent()

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:27:47 +0300
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Tuesday 26 August 2008, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> LWP dies with:
>    Software error: Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T
> switch at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/HTTP/Message.pm line 413.

I dug into this a bit and reported it upstream along with a quick and dirty
patch that gets things going again:

Validator appears to work after that hack/change, but it's not the end of the
story for the link checker.  It is additionally apparently similary affected
by tainted data in printf()/sprintf()'s format argument (see also Perl 5.10's
perldelta).  Maybe just a matter of using -AutoLaunder with Config::General
(like validator already does), will look into it.