Re: [CssValidator] Questions

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:50:54 +0900
Cc: Julien <css.julien@gmail.com>, Public Quality Assurance archives <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>

On Sep 15, 2007, at 22:06 , Bert Bos wrote:
> The CSS working group had a meeting a few days ago and just
> published its conclusions[1]. The group thinks the validator should
> look like this:
[snip]

Would it be possible to send this answer as a follow-up to the thread
on www-style and www-validator-css?
http://www.w3.org/mid/4FBB0575-0AA0-43D3-96D8-33E4EBA704B5@w3.org

Also, I would appreciate if the CSS WG could respond to the couple of
replies on that list, e.g:
[[
  I do not feel that CSS should be the sum of all previous
specifications as the CSS working group feels. This makes no sense to
me as it would mean chaos in the end.
]]
[[
Obsoleting CSS 1 sounds odd, since CSS 2 has in practice been
abandoned and the rest is at various draft levels. It would leave the
world with _no_ CSS specification that is both declared as
authoritative and actually promoted by the organization that issued it.
]]

thanks