Re: Warning: Config::General 2.36 is incompatible with the validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:18:15 +0900
To: QA-dev Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hi Ville,

On Oct 18, 2007, at 03:14 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> FYI:
>>
>> Config::General 2.36 [0] was released today, unfortunately with a
>> regression that affects the validator in its default configuration.
>> Details at http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=30063
>
> A somewhat draconian "fix" against CVS HEAD for this is attached.
> Comments?

I gave it a good look yesterday. Looks draconian indeed, but for the
end user, it seems to boil down to "set your base dir explicitely".
It's a bit of a pity we won't be using $ENV{W3C_VALIDATOR_HOME} as a
fallback value any more. Not that I expect it's being widely used...

Do you think the bug in C::G will be fixed quickly? This will impact
whether we need to put this patch in the markup validator or not.