Re: [wmvs] do we still need charset.cfg to list the "acceptable" character encodings?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:24:27 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: QA-dev Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>, Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>Sounds reasonable, but what's the policy? And where does it come from?

I think it was Martin who wanted to reject certain labels or encodings.
I do not think we ever managed to formulate the policy to any sufficient
degree. I do not think there should be a white list policy. It would be
fine of course if some Validator module detects and complains about bad
labels and encodings.