Re: SELinux update

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 21:44:03 +0300
To: QA-dev Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Tuesday 01 May 2007, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I don't recall if there is any documentation that should be updated
> once the policy gets shipped, are you aware of any?

Nope.  But one noteworthy thing is that if the patch gets included as is, the
needed file contexts are set on files in the /usr/share/w3c-markup-validator
and /usr/share/w3c-markup-validator/cgi-bin directories, which are different
from the validator's shipped defaults, and wouldn't thus affect them.

I see two things that could be done about this; either change the default
installation paths of validator to match the above, and/or ask the SELinux
folks to include the current default /usr/local/validator/[...] paths too
after the first revision of the patch is in.

No strong opinions here, but FWIW, the /usr/share/w3c-markup-validator/[...]
paths are used by the Fedora, Debian [0], and AFAIK openSUSE validator
packages, ditto the rpm specfile included in the validator distribution.

[0] Except that in Debian, the "check" script is in /usr/lib/cgi-bin.