Re: [wmvs] do we still need charset.cfg to list the "acceptable" character encodings?

Hello Olivier,

The problem with your aproach is that the list of things that are
okay (officially IANA registered AND useful) is much shorter
than all the aliases and other crap allowed by encode, and those
aliases may change easily (mostly, the list will grow) when
upgrading. That's why it's much better to have a list of okay
things than a list of problematic things.

So I think you should seriously reconsider your commit.

Regards,    Martin.