Re: MTValidate plugin and the whether and how of XML parser

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:56:14 +0100
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
cc: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>, QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

ot@w3.org (olivier Thereaux) wrote:

>Another solution based on mime types alone

text/html — tag soup — gets processed with OpenSP, generic
XML types with a generic XML Processor, and MIME types for which
we have a “better” parser (e.g. a custom or specific Schema
of some kind, or a higher level parser) gets that parser instead
of the generic XML Processor.

Yes, this implies XHTML will get treated differently depending
on whether it is served as text/html or application/xhtml+xml.
This is a feature.

--
I have to admit that I'm hoping the current situation with
regard to XML