Re: Packaging CSS Validator and Command line

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 02:13:49PM +0100, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> >http://dorward.me.uk/tmp/css-validator/first-demo.html
>
> Looks promising! You mention on that page that you'd like to have
> results in the window, do you have any idea yet whether you'd be
> using the HTML output styled with css, or a completely different UI
> based on the soap output (or the internal objects)?

It will be an entirely different UI based on the internal objects.

I was considering consuming the SOAP, but decided it would be cleaner
to bypass it and work on a copy of the class that generated the SOAP
(which is why you can see the SOAP output in the background - I
haven't rewritten those bits yet).

There is a fair bit of scope for design choice in the toolkit ...

  http://www.eclipse.org/swt/widgets/

... but I'm going to concern myself mostly with handling the data and
getting it output /somewhere/ before I move on to trying to get the UI
designed.

(This is, in large part, an exercise in learning my way around that
part of the validator's internals, which is why I'm not planning
everything out in advance - I don't know how things work well enough
to do so.)