Re: [CSSValidator] HTTPHeaders

Salut Julien,

On Aug 7, 2007, at 22:58 , Julien wrote:
> I had a look at it as promised and found a way to add the headers...
> So far, it looks like this on my machine :

Fantastic!

> - valid page :
> 200 OK
>
> - invalid page :
> 200 OK

> - unaccessible page
> 500 Internal Server Error

Looks great.

> What variable name should be used ?
> The same as for the markup validator , or is X-W3C-CSS-Validator- OK ?

I gave this some thought, and I think there would be some benefit in
using the same headers. That way, we wouldn't be inventing tons of
headers for each of our tools, when they serve the same purpose, and
it would perhaps eventually become a reflex to search for X-W3C-
Validator-* headers.

Admittedly, this could be confusing if a tool (e.g Unicorn) was to
validate both Markup and CSS, but I think that's less of an issue.

We may eventually want to have an additional "service" header
describing who performed the validation, e,g:
etc.

Any other opinion?