qa-dev server down, possibly for few days or more.

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:36:20 +0900
Cc: edutfinfo@webstandards.org
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello qa-dev denizens,

This is just a warning that our development server, qa-dev.w3.org
(which has also been used in past months to host some EduTF stuff) is
apparently suffering a serious breakdown, and we haven't been able to
put it back online yet.

Corrupted memory is one suspected cause, and I'm currently running a
memcheck to confirm, but if this does not work out, we may have to
keep the machine down for a few more days, as our sysadmin and
hardware wiz is away until next Tuesday.

FWIW, the RAID drive for this machine appears to be functional, and
the data has been regularly backed up, so loss of data should
hopefully not be cause for concern.