Re: mod_perl memory usage

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:02:50 +0300
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
Cc: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>, QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Thursday 02 August 2007, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:

> Also, 'check' is so expensive that I didn't really expect
> mod_perl to be a huge win; the bit of extra work to fire up a
> perl interpreter must be relatively cheap.

You're probably right, however at least the httpd.conf snippets in CVS make
the validator run with ModPerl::Registry which does a bunch of other things
in addition to setting up a preloaded, shared perl interpreter.  IIRC
ModPerl::PerlRun does the shared interpreter (+ some precompiled shared
standard perl modules?) part only and could also be worth a try.