Re: HTML.Reserved - additional checking? datapagesize, event, for

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:29:50 +0900
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

On Aug 2, 2007, at 09:01 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> BUT there are other reserved attributes in the spec which are
> flagged as valid
>
> On table element
> datapagesize CDATA         #IMPLIED  -- reserved for possible
> future use --
>
> On script element
> event        CDATA         #IMPLIED  -- reserved for possible
> future use --
> for          %URI;         #IMPLIED  -- reserved for possible
> future use --

If they shouldn't be used, why are they listed in the DTD?
Why are some of these reserved attributes in an "IGNORE" section and
others in the list of acceptable attributes for certain elements.
Why are these reserved attributes not mentioned in the prose?

I think it's a little futile to think of fixing the tools before we
know for sure why the spec doesn't seem to agree with itself...