Problems using Unicorn's General Conformance Check

From: Francesco ORLANDO <tech@rcart.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:36:36 +0200
To: <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello,

I've experienced a strange result
using the Unicorn validator

The result is:
This document has not passed the css-validator test!
Location:
  1. Error : An I/O exception occured during the call to this observer.
      This is probably not your fault.
      This problem may appear if the observer can't be contacted for some reason.
      Another possibility is that the observer does not respect the some specification to communicate with Unicorn.
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've experienced the same results using 2 successfully validated sites,
the first is HTML4.01 transitional and the other is XHTML1.0

After the error, I've used only the CSS part of the validator,
trying all possible versions of CSS,
obtaining the same results.

The 2 sites were successfully validated
by the officials Markup Validator & CSS Validator
without any error.

I've read the forum post that says the CSS validator part of Unicorn
is not stable as the Official one,
but in my case it has never worked...

It's a bug or the problem is elsewhere?

my best regards,