Re: New link checker release?

From: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:54:57 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: (wrong string) ä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>,QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Olivier,

At 08:39 19.10.2006, olivier Thereaux wrote:

>On Oct 16, 2006, at 04:22 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>I'm thinking about releasing it roughly at the same time as
>>the upcoming validator 0.7.x maintenance release is out.
>
>Do you think you could package and release it around the upcoming
>monday? I am drafting (and will be sending to the list) a small news
>item for inclusion on w3c homepage on monday - covering both releases.

The validator's RPM spec file for openSUSE is ready so far -- I think,
I can make public an openSUSE validator RPM package on my webpage and
on openSUSE's Build Service/Software Repository very close to the
official release date of 0.7.3.
Speaking about the LinkChecker package, I don't think, that I can hold
next monday's release date -- it needs a little bit of more testing
(and probably adjustments) with my openSUSE. I hope, I can make it
public as soon as possible (some day next week) and close to the
validator's release date.

Sierk

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany
e-mail:  sierkb[at]gmx.de