Re: Branches or not

At 14:37 15.11.2006, you wrote:

>For instance
>http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/misc/docs_errors.pl
>has the last file in the 0.7 branch properly tagged validator-0_7_4-
>release, and the file in HEAD (so outside of the 0.7 branch) modified
>later, is not tagged anything else than HEAD. I trust this is the
>case of all files modified after the packages were made, online
>instances updated and announcement sent.
>
>Maybe you were a bit early in cvs-get'ing the tagged files?

I have taken a CVS snapshot this early morning/night from
validator-0_7-branch, just right after the last CVS messages reached me
by mail, you said per mail, that all is done and the website was
updated. So, I thought, no more files will be changed concerning 0.7.4.
As I watched my mail this morning, 2 CVS mails reached me documenting
changes to validator-0_7_4-release.
So I did update my 3 validator checkouts: validator (HEAD),
validator-0_7-branch and validator-0_7_4-release.
As far as I remember, while I was checking out this noon, I watched the
following: validator-0_7-branch didn't change, validator-0_7_4-release
changed, validator (HEAD) changed.

Because validator-0_7-branch, which I have taken for packaging this
early morning/night didn't change, I have come to the conclusion, that
sticking to the branch will be the best, because -release and HEAD
could be merged hours later and the branch is the first of all, which
is up-to-date.

Sierk

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany
ICQ:    221105136