Re: any idea why validator(-jp) would repeatedly fetch XHTML DTDs?

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 12:35:00 +0100
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Monday 01 May 2006 04:59, you wrote:

> If noone has any idea I'll send a mail to the opensp list.

I have only a distant memory of dealing with this, but I think
opensp had to be hacked to stop it making unwanted
requests for "catalog".  I don't *think* it went around
requesting DTDs by HTTP when a PUBLIC FPI is available.

FWIW, mod_validator explicitly overrides this with Xerces[1]
but not with OpenSP.

Do you get this kind of traffic from the non-W3C validation
services?

[1]
http://apache.webthing.com/svn/apache/applications/mod_validator/XercesEntityResolver.h

--