Re: Validator-0.7.2 patches

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 14:18 +0100, Sierk Bornemann wrote:

> I saw that some updates to the CVS tree of the 0.7-branch made their
> way into the tree, just some hours/days after shipping 0.7.2 to the public.
> What about the public version on http://validator.w3.org/? What about
> the Tarball on http://validator.w3.org/source/? Will these changes/hot
> patches make their way into the current version 0.7.2, or do they have
> to wait until the next release (0.7.3 or 0.8)?

The latter at least as far as the tarball is concerned, and as long as
the public validator servers run Config::General < 2.31 (sendfeedback.pl
changes didn't make it in time for 0.7.2), I don't think there's any
urgent need to update them from CVS either.

I have a halfway-there patch available locally that merges the changes
made in the 0_7 branch to HEAD; will commit it soon unless someone
objects.

By the way, you sent yor message to the mailing list that receives
automatic CVS commit notifications; the public-qa-dev list is a better
place for human discussions (Cc'd).