Re: future of SPO?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:12:50 +0200
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* olivier Thereaux wrote:
>Knowing your planned level of activity for SPO would be rather
>important to assess what we do with the 0.8 branch of the markup
>validator.

I do not plan any activity before September this year; the module is
fairly stable and does the job, what's missing are just a few tweaks
as listed in Changes in CVS and concerning temporary file usage on
Win32 (as, I think, documented in `check`, restricted file reading
and temporary file usage do not like each other much). I might work
on these in september and release v0.99, but I note that for `check`
this is more a matter of convenience than of technical necessity.

About the same goes for HTML::Encoding which HEAD also depends on,
there is a bug to fix as noted in the bug tracker and I might have
to change the interface a bit, other than that it should be stable,
does the job, and I might make a new version in september/october.