Re: Validator and TextMate

On Jul 14, 2006, at 11:11 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TextMate has a feature to validate the code we are writing. It
> sends the content of the window with this command.
>
> curl 2>/dev/null -F uploaded_file=@-\;type=text/html http://
> validator.w3.org/check \
> | perl -pe 's|(Line (\d+) column (\d+))|<a href="txmt://open?line=
> $2&column=@{[$3 + 1]}">$1</a>|'\
> | perl -pe 's|</title>|$&<base href="http://validator.w3.org/"/>|'
>
> Any comments? Or suggestions?

There shouldn't be any problem with this approach, so long as text
mate only supports utf-8 documents anyway. One cool (but bad) feature
is how they seem to be doing screen scraping to link the line+column
information in error messages to the location in the editor. Ideally,
they'd use the xml output for that...