appendix C checker, revisited

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:20:19 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

Hello,

Following up on the thread started with Bjoern and Jean-Gui a while
ago, I made a few additions and changes to the prototype "appC
checker" Bjoern had been working on.

code at:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/perl/modules/W3C/XHTML/HTMLCompatChecker/
demo at:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/appc/

It's certainly not the most efficient piece of code ever, but it:
- only checks documents with a text/html content type, and XHTML 1.0
doctype
(something which was missing in Bjoern's prototype, and which
bothered me, so that was my first change)
- checks all the points of the appendix C
- has a ucn output (hopefully fixed now)

I'd like to add this tool to the unicorn demo, adding two tasks:
- XHTML 1.0 appendix C checking
- Conformance (Validation task + appC (+ a number of plugins yet to
be built))
Damien, maybe it's a good time to give me the latest code for
unicorn, so that I can install it again on qa-dev, and then add the
tasks?

thanks
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/
W3C Open Source Software: http://www.w3.org/Status