Re: Status of parallel link checker?

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:51:35 +0300
To: QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 19:10 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I am not sure I'd want to keep following the parallel RobotUA route,
> in the light of the issues we've found in this module, as well as the
> limited performance improvements. At least for now. I would like,
> however, to make a few changes to the link checker, since at least as
> a module/command-line tool it is still very useful.

> Among our options would be to:
> - revert all parallelUA coding (but keep an archive somewhere of how
> we would use it)
> - put it in a branch (with the obvious risk that the branck will just
> rot and die)
> - ??
> What do you think?

I think a branch isn't necessary at the moment, it can be done later if
needed.  And CVS already archives stuff for us, the code can be always
retrieved with "cvs diff -r 4.21 -r 4.24 checklink".  So as far as I'm
concerned, just reverting the stuff and proceeding from the 4.2.1
baseline would be ok.