Re: prerequisites for the installation of the dev markup validator

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:34:56 +0900
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Damien Leroy <xelloss.leroy@gmail.com>

Salut Damien,
(cc: list of developers)

Since you managed to install the "production" markup validator but
had trouble installing the dev version earlier due to dependency
issues, I made a quick instruction set that should help you get both
opensp and the s::p::o perl module that the dev validator require.
The rest of the modules/dependencies should just work if you just use
cpan or the debian distribution.

Quick question: Bjoern, I was wondering if there was a reason why spo
0.99 wasn't in cpan yet. Since wmvs 0.8-dev depends on this version
in particular, it would be good to have it packaged if we want to do
an alpha release of 0.8 - since there has not been any recent
development, and the missing features (parse and outline) aren't
critically needed, at least not for an alpha test.

Damien, see below.

*********

# get and install opensp
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=2115&package_id=2869
[download, unpack, read BUILDING file and follow instructions
... aclocal; autoheader; automake --add-missing; autoconf;
./configure --enable-http; make; sudo make install ]
(alternatively, it's in the debian testing and unstable, too
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/text/opensp )

# get and install spo perl module
# (as explained above, you need the cvs version as the needed version
is not yet in cpan)
% cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spo login
[enter]
% cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spo co -P