Re: WSDL for W3C Validators

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:56:55 +0900
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

Hi Karl,
On Nov 1, 2005, at 5:37, Karl Dubost wrote:
> It might not be an emergency and it's just a question which popped up
> in my mind. I guess there will be a time when people will ask about
> "WSDL for W3C validators".

> * Is it difficult to put in place?

Not difficult. We have a WSDL file for the CSS validator already, but
it's WSDL2, which is not yet a REC, so we asked Hugo if he could
transform it into  1.1. Once we have that making an equivalent for the
others is straightforward.

> * Burdensome?
> * Useful? Why?

We'll need human readable doc for the SOAP interfaces anyway (cruelly
lacking, but I am working on it), so maybe a little burdensome to hav
eboth, but having a clear, clean description of the service (and in
particular of the response format) would be very useful, I believe.