Making Linkchecker working multithreaded

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:56:28 +0200
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org
Hi QA-dev, Ville,

I've had a quick look at the linkchecker to see what would be needed to
make it multithreaded; I see the linkchecker is using LWP::RobotUA. Has
any thought being put to use LWP::Parallel::RobotUA [1] instead? It's a
derivative of LWP::Parallel:UserAgent [2] which should allow to do a
per-host thread using register/callback functions. There are several
examples documented [3], esp. one using the RobotUA class.

I haven't investigated much how this would apply to the linkchecker; I
guess my first question is whether this has already been evaluated but
discarded or not. (I haven't found anything with the mailing list search
engine, but it may have been discussed in other fora)

Thanks!

Dom

1.
http://search.cpan.org/~marclang/ParallelUserAgent-2.57/lib/LWP/Parallel/RobotUA.pm