Re: Making Linkchecker working parallel

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:01:19 +0300
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 21:18 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> The documentation for LWP::Parallel::* is a bit scattered, so after
> giving it a further look, I found that there is a "middle ground"
> between the rather awkward chunk-based callback subroutine, and the
> slow-return batch wait().
[...]

This sounds promising indeed.  If you want to experiment, I have nothing
against just going ahead and commiting this stuff to CVS (HEAD or a new
branch, you decide).  It could be easier for others to join in
experimenting and to follow that way.  If you'd like some concrete
feedback or work from me on this, currently it looks like I could find
time not next week, but possibly the one after that.

I installed ParallelUserAgent locally, didn't play with it yet, but was
a bit concerned about the upstream maintainer's disclaimer at the top of
README (and the Makefile.PL warnings when building against new LWP):
http://search.cpan.org/src/MARCLANG/ParallelUserAgent-2.57/README
Probably not a problem, though.  (Famous last words ;))