Markup Validator's beta test (Was: [meeting] Notes and log, 2005-07-04)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:44:12 +0900
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On 6 Jul 2005, at 13:47, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> * Markup Validator's beta test
>
> We will start a beta test of the markup validator 0.7.0 in the days to
> come. Agreement that we will need to find the right balance between
> getting the highest possible number of people to test the beta version
> (since there are quite a few changes in the code), while keeping the
> hyper level low (since there are not a lot of new user features).

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of sending an
announcement to a few lists and newsgroups (w-v, ciwah, ...) but also
adding a link from v.w.o:80 to the beta service, and in the front
page of the beta service, point back to :80 for those who want the
prod service, and point to /feedback for those who would agree to
help test.

Anyone thinks this is a bad idea?