Re: validator/httpd/cgi-bin check,1.391,1.392

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:07:29 +0100
To: public-qa-dev@w3.org

* Terje Bless wrote:
>+#
>+# Check recursion level and enforce Max Recursion limit.
>+sub check_recursion ($$) {
>+  my $File = shift;
>+  my $res  = shift;
>+
>+  # Not looking at our own output.
>+  return unless defined $res->header('X-W3C-Validator-Recursion');

I am not fond of this introduction of experimental HTTP headers, I think
we should rather check the URL of the target document against the check
URL. I further think that refusal to check the validator output is a bad
idea (we, after all, link to that in the results page), so the default
should be to limit two or at least one recursion.