Re: Doc titles

From: (wrong string) ä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:47:34 +0200
To: QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 01:16 +0100, Terje Bless wrote:

> The word Validation eats up too many characters  and anything after the URL
> will be lost  so [WMVS] attempts to cover the function of both.  It's a
> common prefix to identify this as a page from v.w3.org (think along the lines
> of a favicon) and implies the Validation bit; accomplishing in six
> characters what spelling it out takes 38 characters to do.

Yeah, that's not an easy problem.  But if the acronym stays, I think the
brackets around it should be removed (another 2 characters saved, looks
better and less scary), and it should be used consistently in all
document titles, and an explanation provided somewhere (FAQ?).

Front page:
   WMVS: The W3C Markup Validation Service
Results:
   WMVS: Results for $URL