Re: Doc titles

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 01:16 +0100, Terje Bless wrote:

> The word «Validation» eats up too many characters — and anything after the URL
> will be lost — so «[WMVS]» attempts to cover the function of both.  It's a
> common prefix to identify this as a page from v.w3.org (think along the lines
> of a “favicon”) and implies the «Validation» bit; accomplishing in six
> characters what spelling it out takes 38 characters to do.

Yeah, that's not an easy problem.  But if the acronym stays, I think the
brackets around it should be removed (another 2 characters saved, looks
better and less scary), and it should be used consistently in all
document titles, and an explanation provided somewhere (FAQ?).

Front page:
   WMVS: The W3C Markup Validation Service
Results:
   WMVS: Results for $URL