Re: check with SGML::Parser::OpenSP (and branches)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:31:52 +0200
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Terje Bless wrote:
>Do we see any clear wins in moving to a more “native” mod_perl API? i.e. does
>dropping CGI support — the generic API that moots mod_perl 1 vs. 2 — actually
>gain us anything?

One thing that came up on #validator was auth proxying, we currently
rely on mod_rewrite magic and access to %ENV vars for that, with the
mod_perl API we could drop that and use mod_perl2 APIs instead. There
might be other things aswell, like the /check/referer hacks, but I'm
less certain about those. We'd clearly gain something by re-using
existing Apache:: modules in the future, during or post-m12n.