Re: onsgmls -R

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:46:45 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Ville Skyttä wrote:
>Any objections to applying the attached patch?  I think there's enough
>evidence that every now and then local installers shoot themselves in
>the foot by trying to make the Validator work with OpenSP < 1.5.

You have

  +  #
  +  # Note: if you feel the urge to remove -R from here, please understand that
  +  # doing so opens a potential security hole.  Don't do that.  OpenSP versions
  +  # 1.5 and later recognize the -R option.

This needs to note that OpenSP 1.5.2-dev is required to use -R on
Win32 without major pain, IIRC, recognizing -R does not cut it.