Re: Some checklink WIP stuff

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:34:36 +0200
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Cc: QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Ville Skyttä wrote:
>2) My initial implementation of the XML Base stuff modified the event
>stream, by adding things to it.  What do people think, does it matter if
>those are left in it?  One cleanup possibility would be to hook another
>handler into the event stream (right after the things relying on
>xml:base always being populated), and have that filter out the things
>that were not in the original stream.

Just a quick note, I've asked a similar question on perl-xml, I want to
store more positioning information in the event stream like the start of
an attribute value or the start of a start-tag, etc. I was told there is
nothing wrong with extending the stream, but I am still trying to come
up with a good system to avoid conflicts, e.g.

  start_element
  Name         => ...,
  NamespaceURI => ...,
  Prefix       => ...,
  My::Module   => { ... },

I am also not 100% sure that there are no modules that would filter such
extensions out, but that's probably something for the actual user of
My::Module to sort out...