charset-related pieces of the code

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:50:10 +0900
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

On IRC, Terje asked me to list up the pieces of code in 'check'
that I thought where related to charset issues, for a possible
'freeze' or 'notify' when going off on a branch for modularization.

Here is a list:

Main code from

$File = &find_xml_encoding($File);

to the line just after
# Abort if an error was flagged during transcoding

(something like 170 lines of code, including &iana_charset_blurb
in the middle).

&preparse_meta (cleaned up a bit already)
&charset_conflicts (that's mostly text, I'd expect that to stay in the
                     caller's code)
&transcode (lots of intertwingled logic and text)
&check_utf8 (similar, but slightly better)
&byte_error (mostly text printing)

&find_base_encoding (pure functionality, nice)
&find_xml_encoding (pure functionality, nice)

&conflict
&popup_charset (in older versions, now a template,
                 doesn't necessarily make things easier)

Regards,    Martin.