Re: SGML::Parser::OpenSP Win32 PPMs

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Randy Kobes wrote:
>>    I'd be happy to try to help making up a ppm package of
>> this, and dependencies, for inclusion in our repository.
>> I tried building OpenSP-1.5.1 (VC++ 6), but even after
>> converting some of the files to line endings that VC++ 6
>> understands, I ran into some compilation problems. But
>> from what I gather from the forums, some of these are
>> known problems.
>
> Ah, sorry, I should have mentioned that. This is indeed a known issue
> and fixed, but so far only in the opensp_1_5_branch branch in CVS. To
> build OpenSP with Visual C++ 6
>
>   % cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openjade
> login
>   % cvs -d...:/cvsroot/openjade co -r opensp_1_5_branch sp
>   % cd sp
>   % build-win32.bat
>
> should do (through the IDE). This works at least using VC++ 7.1, I have
> not had a chance yet to try it for Visual C++ 6. There is also a SP.mak
> but I think it is quite outdated and thus unusable, but AFAIU it is
> auto-generated using the IDE, so this might work best for you.

Thanks - I'll try that tonight.

>>    I see that there is a Win32 binary available; I could
>> use this to make up the ppm package, but would need the
>> associated .lib file for easier compilation. Do you
>> know if that's available from somewhere, or, alternatively,
>> if a patch to fix the problems on Win32 is available?
>
> See above; I don't think someone published .libs, but I could easily
> provide them to you if VC++ 7.1 .libs would be okay. I might in fact
> roll the .libs into a developer package once we get around to release
> OpenSP 1.5.2.
>
> Thanks so far.

I'll try building it myself first, before trying out the
VC++ 7 libs. There may be problems with using the VC++ 7
binaries in a ppm package with a Win32 ActivePerl, which
is compiled with VC++ 6 - there's a small chance binary
incompatibilities might arise, and in any case, a ppm
package build with VC++ 7 must include a runtime dll.

--
best regards,
randy