Re: SGML::Parser::OpenSP Win32 PPMs (Modified by olivier Thereaux)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Hi Randy,
>
>   I am working on the SGML::Parser::OpenSP Perl module [1] [2] that
> wraps around the OpenSP library [3] [4]. The module will be used in
> the W3C MarkUp Validator [5] and I thus wonder what it would take to
> make PPMs for the module available at http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
> which already provides most if not all of the Validator's dependencies;
> at least all XS based modules should be there. The module will depend
> on Perl 5.8.0 and OpenSP 1.5.2 or later and some CPAN modules like
> Class::Accessor. OpenSP 1.5.2 has not been released yet, but it will
> before I release a stable version of SGML::Parser::OpenSP on CPAN.
>
> Without getting too specific at this point, would it generally be
> possible to include SGML::Parser::OpenSP in the PPM repository and if
> so, what would it take?
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/spo
> [2] http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/spo/spo/
> [3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/openjade
> [4] http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/openjade/sp/
> [5] http://validator.w3.org

> TIA.

Hi Bjoern,
    I'd be happy to try to help making up a ppm package of
this, and dependencies, for inclusion in our repository.
I tried building OpenSP-1.5.1 (VC++ 6), but even after
converting some of the files to line endings that VC++ 6
understands, I ran into some compilation problems. But
from what I gather from the forums, some of these are
known problems.
    I see that there is a Win32 binary available; I could
use this to make up the ppm package, but would need the
associated .lib file for easier compilation. Do you
know if that's available from somewhere, or, alternatively,
if a patch to fix the problems on Win32 is available?

--
best regards,
randy