Re: validator-0_6_0-branch still alive?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:37:17 +0200
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Terje Bless wrote:
>The idea is we keep :80 sync'ed to that branch in CVS, so that we make any
>needed fixes for the running service there. Only if the number and scope of
>fixes accumulates to a point where it makes sense — and it really really
>shouldn't! — do we make an actual Release of this. Otherwise we just package
>up a new 0.6.8 tarball when we release 0.7.0 and note it in a footnote «…for
>those who need to keep running the 0.6.x codebase.» (if even that...)

It might make sense at some point to actually ask our users what they
want and/or need in this regard. We have very limited resources, so we
better use them wisely.

>Objections? Does that adress your concerns Björn?

Well, I am fine as long as we are all on the same page in this regard,
here specically my conern was that not all developers noticed that we
are working on HEAD now.