Re: [wmvs] Prerequisites, Minimum Versions, Platforms?

* Olivier Thereaux wrote:
>> This would of course mean we're firmly comitted to Apache as the web server,
>> as opposed to “anything that provides CGI”, but I wonder if this isn't the
>> case anyway. Has anyone actually tried running this under non-Apache servers?
>
>I don't remember hearing so. Even then, requiring apache is not
>equivalent to requiring apache2. As far as I can tell, the validator's
>being used by MacOSX, for which even the latest version comes with 1.3.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/apache.html so it
seems to be possible to get it work; if we start worrying about default
installations we'd run into quite some trouble. For example, S::P::O
depends on OpenSP 1.5.2 which is not even released yet and thus won't be
included in standard "stable" distributions for quite some time. It
would, with quite some effort, be possible to write the relevant code so
that it degrades on downlevel platforms, but I don't think that would
really pay off. At least I rather work on cool new features for the vast
majority of our users than making the code work for a few local
installations.