Re: [wmvs] Open Issues for 0.7.0

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 18:20:57 +0200
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Terje Bless wrote:
>lurking around in there yet, so there's no way to speculate on how long it
>will be until we find them all and fix them.

Identifying all these issues (as in, what needs to be done to put HEAD
into a state that could replace 0.6.7) is what I've understood your
action item to be so we can see how to resolve these issues, publish a
beta version to identify and fix remaining issues and then release a
stable 0.7.0.

>Both the config code and the templating stuff is in general fragile and there
>are some specific known bugs. The known bugs will get nuked as soon as I have
>an opportunity, but the general fragility will only get addressed by plenty of
>testing (probably through a public beta or two, as well).

Are these known bugs documented somewhere?

>If you want to write up a guideline for / description of how to use the
>Bugzilla so that we're all on the same page, that would be a good starting
>point for discussion. I'm pretty much just winging it, so it's no great
>surprise if it doesn't make much sense for others' used to a different
>approach.

I'll try to propose something for the next meeting.

>Is there anything I can do to help you get started?

Not really, I rather focus on working on code outside of `check` in
terms of separate Perl modules so that the code has an associated
test suite and does not need to me modularized later.