Re: status of debian package(s)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:17:06 +0900
Cc: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
To: Frederic Schutz <schutz@mathgen.ch>
On Sep 1, 2004, at 7:50 PM, Frederic Schutz wrote:
> The Debian package is up to date, with version 0.6.7 of the validator
> and
> version 4.0 of checklink in Debian Sarge.

Great news, thanks for the update.

> The only thing that is not up to date is the fact that the two are
> still in the same package;

Yes, and I notice Hugo's been asking "officially" for the split.
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=w3c-markup-validator

This should be a good thing for the link checker, I doubt typical deb
users want to install the validator-and-checklink anyway. Hope you do
not mind managing these two packages instead of one.

Thanks,