Re: OpenSP 1.5 patches

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 18:24, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Ville Skyttä wrote:
> >Ok, I managed to build OpenSP 1.5.x from the 1_5_branch, here's a few
> >patches.  As discussed on IRC, hopefully someone can apply these to
> >OpenSP CVS?  (/me doesn't want to subscribe to yet another mailing list
> >ATM.)
>
> I'll apply the patches to the documentation but not for any build or
> install stuff. Could you clarify whether the issues you have found
> are new in OpenSP 1.5.2-dev or did OpenSP 1.5.1 have them, too?

I don't know, nor do I find digging into old versions very interesting
or productive.  (So at least for now: no, sorry.)

>  I'd
> probably vote against making changes for 1.5.2 if 1.5.1 had the same
> problems as we are trying to get 1.5.2 out.

When 1.5.2 is out, the issue is not that bad assuming the one who
creates the dist tarballs has a sufficiently old auto* toolchain which
can create a sane build env from the somewhat outdated files detailed in
my original message (so that people won't have to run autoinit.sh
themselves).

>  It would be good if you
> submit your patches to the tracker at http://sf.net/projects/openjade.

I asked if it'd be ok to send the patches to public-qa-dev in the last
meeting so that someone would have a look from there and was told yes.
Will also/instead submit to sf.net tracker in the future if you think
it's a better idea and if you can confirm that the tracker is being
monitored by OSP devs.