Re: Error log diving (was: Re: [Fwd: Software error:])

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 03:06:36 +0300
To: QA-dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 02:20, Terje Bless wrote:
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> >It's a bit hard to find the interesting entries since validator is quite
> >an errorlog-trasher (still, even though I managed to get some of the
> >noisiest bugs fixed for 0.6.6).
>
> And we should probably make an effort to reduce this problem even further
> fairly quickly.

Yep.  Attached is a couple of lowly scripts I've used every once in a
while (when bored or something :), first grab some URLs from the access
log on v.w.o:

  ./graburls.sh 3000 > urls.txt

...then transfer urls.txt to my box and replay on a local validator
instance, 'tail -f'ing its error log in another shell:

  ./replay-validator.sh < urls.txt