Re: [Fwd: Software error:]

(I changed s/www-validator/public-qa-dev/)

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 21:40, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Vivien Lacourba wrote:
> >Another one ...
>
> Thanks Vivien, the error message is generated by the CGI.pm Perl module.
> It's either a bug in our code, in CGI.pm or in the browser of these
> users. Could you ask these users to report details on what browsers they
> have used, etc. to www-validator or forward their mails to me so I can
> ask them?

Some more thoughts: the error message was "Malformed multipart POST" but
the feedback said "when trying to validate online HTML documents"; that
combination makes no sense to me.  Did the user use upload or URI
submission?

If upload, at least some (old) versions of Opera did have issues with
file uploads, but AFAIK CGI.pm had a workaround for this already in
version 2.89, and v.w.o has 3.01.

If it was validation using a URI, I have no explanation.

>  We should probably configure validator.w3.org so that it lists
> www-validator or public-qa-dev as contact address rather than
> web-human...

public-qa-dev++