Re: v0.6.6 Release?

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:56:44 +0200
To: QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>Since we're going for at least two other maintenance releases, I'd like
>confirmation of my understanding of our CVS state...
>   - HEAD is 0.6.5 plus templates code
>   - 0_6-branch is 0.6.5 plus fixes
>If so, I suppose we are going to merge again after 0.6.6 and work on
>0.6.7 in the branch, etc.

Correct; that's what I'm thinking.

>Would that mean by any chance that we're already in a scheme similar to
>the one explained in

Yes. With a couple of caveats...

The merge to HEAD is not complete. While all the code has been brought over
from the validator-0_6_0-branch, not all the resulting breakage has been fixed
yet. And I don't expect anyone has been testing this code much yet (at least,
nobody has sent me notes about the things I know of that are broken).

Also, I'm not entirely certain whether we should immediately
branch+feature-freeze HEAD->0.7 yet; or whether squeezing in a few more
features on HEAD first would be a good idea. I'm still too focussed on 0.6.x
for this to have really gelled in my mind yet. Opinions?

>>Hey, lets see if we can get in 3 new Validator versions during WWW2004?
>*cough*. How about "no"...? :)

Bah! Spoilsport! How about two then? 0.6.6 ASAP, and 0.6.7 on the 22nd? :-)

- --
We've gotten to the point where a human-readable, human-editable text format
for structured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely
say  "As many threads on xml-dev have shown, text-based processing of XML is
hazardous at best"  and be perfectly valid in saying it.     -- Tom Bradford

Version: PGP SDK 3.0.3