Re: 0.6.6 bug roundup

* Ville Skyttä wrote:
>* "Show source" discards source indentation, there are many
>  www-validator@ reports about this.

Why do we do what we currently do? And how to fix it?

>* Doctype/charset override/fallback issues (I have not looked into
>  this in great detail, but have observer similar issues):
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004May/0089.html

Yeah, this needs to be fixed... why do we default to UTF-8 and not
ISO-8859-1 or Windows-1252? It seems rather unlikely that defaulting
to UTF-8 yields in desireable results... maybe we should use
Encoding::Guess with UTF-8, ISO-2022-JP, Shift_JIS, Big5, ISO-8859-1
and Windows-1252 or something? Or just try UTF-8 first and then ISO-
8859-1 with Iconv?

>* Verbose on or off by default?  Many seem to prefer "on" but as Bjoern
>  noted, we shouldn't change the defaults too often.

I am not sure whether those in favor actually had a close look at it...
Many fell in love with this fuzzy fussy feature and we dropped it.. I'm
all for verbose mode (and on by default), but I'd say it's currently not
ready for prime time. If we keep it off, we should remove the hidden
verbose config option, it generates overly long URIs; and turn it off
in check if it defaults to on.