Re: [check] releasing 0.6.5 tomorrow (?)

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 01:16, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> > The only new thing that needs attention now is that a relative URL is
> > used to point to /source/, instead of the old "hardcoding" of
> > v.w.o/source/.  That's not a good thing for local installations, for
> > example the tarball links will definitely be broken in those.
>
> Should not be a problem if the actual links to the tarballs are
> absolute and pointing to v.w.o, right?

Sort of.  But the (local) source, installation etc. docs and the actual
online tarballs may easily get out of sync, trivially so if the links
point to the unversioned validator.tar.gz and sgml-lib.tar.gz.  And if
they point to the versioned ones there is one more easily forgotten
place to keep up to date in the docs at release times.

I (still) do not include anything from under /source/ in the RPMs, but
point to v.w.o/source/ instead.  A bit ugly, but should always work.