Re: New checklink for testing

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:36:28 +0300
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 01:49, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2004, at 18:23, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > Ok.  I re-rolled 3.9.1, with the change above and some other cosmetic
> > ones.  CVS is up to date and tagged, and the tarball is again at
> > http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/W3C-LinkChecker-3.9.1.tar.gz.
>
> Looks good. I was planning to release and announce on thursday, but
> somehow the idea of announcing a release on an April 1st makes me
> uncomfortable ;).
>
> OK with friday?

Ok.  After discovering the libwww-perl 5.76 issue, I could not resist
documenting it and doing some other cleanups; no real code changes:
http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/W3C-LinkChecker-3.9.2.tar.gz

> I'm thinking of announcing it to QA lists, QA site, W3C Open Source
> site. Will ping people again for a homepage item on w3.org. Also
> thinking of a couple webdesign lists/groups such as wasp/evolt.
> Anything else? CIWAH?
>
> I'll draft an announcement based on the Beta text today.

Sounds good, thanks!  I will upload it to CPAN tomorrow evening, so
it'll be there waiting when the announcement goes public.

> >  What do you think, should we remove the old checklink from the
> > validator CVS tree?
>
> This sounds like the most reasonable idea indeed.

Ok, will do once we get this version out.