Re: New checklink for testing

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:53:13 +0900
Cc: public-qa-dev@w3.org
To: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
On Mar 24, 2004, at 07:17, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Ok, here's a new version of checklink for testing.
> Tarball: http://koti.welho.com/vskytta/W3C-LinkChecker-3.9.1.tar.gz

This is excellent. I tried to "foolproof" it by impersonating a
first-time user (and impatient). giving each document only a few
seconds to convince. The "I want to install and use the commandline
version" and "I want that in my CGIs" scenarios worked well (Thanks to
the fact that most of the info is both in the README and html
documentation). So the packaging is solid.

I tried the commandline version for the first time (I should really
have done that better) and was a bit confused at first (still
impersonating - easy this time - the impatient newbie...). (no
readline?)

'/usr/bin/checklink' and '/usr/bin/checklink -h' gave me respectively
nothing and a chunk of HTML (not a full page). I know, this is not
something anyone will do after reading the doc, but improving this
could be a wishlist item for a future version.

No blocker, though, and I think we're good for a first release. OK with
early next week?

> The CPAN namespace W3C-LinkChecker is confirmed and ok.  Unless we find
> blockers, I'm fine with releasing 3.9.1 to CPAN.

Definitely fine with me too.