Re: [CSSVal] charset issues

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:16:39 +0200
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, QA Dev <public-qa-dev@w3.org>

* Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:
>Looks like the best solution, indeed; also, since CSS files are also
>served in a particular charset, it would be good to ensure that the
>rules that are extracted from the style sheets are converted to utf-8
>before integrating them in the results page.

I think we currently do not determine the encoding of style sheets...
I think we need to ask the CSS Working Group how the CSS Validator is
supposed to determine it. The first question would be whether this is
something that depends on the profile (as all levels of CSS have a
different set of rules) or whether there is one set of rules that
should apply to all.