Re: [meeting] notes and log - 20040720

olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>New Action Items: […]
>ACTION: Terje to apply Nick's patch

DONE.

>ACTION: Terje to merge HEAD+current in HEAD

DONE.

>ACTION: Terje to send mail to public-qa-dev about issues to fix after
>        merging current code and HEAD.

But this one will take a little more time.

So since that last one is still open, and I was a couple of hours later than
my <=24 hours promise, here goes my penance:

  I think the way the HTML WG has been conservative in maintenance
  of the HTML Recommendation has promoted stability and encouraged
  development by not presenting a moving target for developers.

Hopefully I'll get that last AI closed out before another 24 hours pass.

Current Status:

  * 0.6.7 should be done.
    - There is a «validator-0_6_7-pre3» tag in CVS that represents what
      I consider to be the release candidate.
    - There is also a «validator-0_6_7-release» tag that tracks the
      release candidates, and is currently fixed at the 0.6.7pre4 tag.
      This tag will move if we need more changes.
    - mkrelease.sh and w3c-markup-validator.spec have both been updated
      with the new version number, but I'd appreciate if Ville could
      take a look to make sure I didn't mess up.
    - Release notes, "What's New", and the version number in header.html
      have all been updated.

  * HEAD is merged, but borked.
      «validator-0_6_7-pre3», and should be completely merged unless we
      decide we need further updates to 0.6.7 (those merges should be
      very easy to do).
    - The code in HEAD works but has a lot of little problems.
      It is also likely that obsoleted code has snuck in from 0.6.x
      during the merge and needs to excorcised.
    - The one notable unmerged bit is the RPM spec file. There were
      too many changes (well, diffs) and I know spec file syntax too
      little. Ville will have to go over and fix that one.

- --
"Fly it until the last piece stops moving..."